Here is a cool question asked by Muslims; I read the Quran but I don’t understand Arabic, so I don’t get anything out of reading the Quran. should not I just be reading in English?
and then these people tell you, you have to memorize the Quran, there is so much reward from memorizing the Quran, and there are so many Huffaz out there that memorize the Quran. I don’t even understand what it means. Shouldn’t we be telling people to read the Quran instead of memorizing it?
You know what as we heard this question we realized something, to every action there’s an equal but opposite reaction. We have an extreme in this community, we have on the one hand people that want to emphasize the memorization of the Quran and not emphasize understanding Quran at all, that you just become a trophy once you memorize Quran and you are going to lead Taraweeh, and you’re going to be reciting beautifully, and people are going to be saying what an awesome Tajweed and Qira’at you have and you have no concept of what’s being said. that is one extreme and that extreme gives birth to the other extreme, which says: you know what these people? they’re just reciting Quran for no purpose, and they’re just making beautiful sounds but what’s the actual message, we should forget about memorization we should focus all of our energies on reading Quran and understanding. These are two extremes, the truth usually in these kinds of things, lies somewhere in the middle, and for so many questions people ask we realize more and more and more that they’re actually a reaction to another extreme that makes them want to justify the opposite extreme, and not consider the answer lies in the middle.
The answer is at the end of the day memorizing Quran is one of the most spiritually enriching and powerful acts that we can do, memorizing the Quran is actually fulfilling the legacy of the Prophet himself sallallahu alayhi wa sallam, one of the most beautiful verses Surah Al-Ankaboot describes that the ayat of the Quran live in the chests of those who believe, the ayah doesn’t live on pieces of paper, the Ayatullah live inside of Mushaf, the place the ayat is stored in this world are inside the chests of believers. It’s an amazing thing to say and so I want more and more of those of ayahs in my chest, I want to memorize as much of them as I can, that’s something that you should struggle with, and want for yourself. why wouldn’t you want to memorize Quran if your parents are going to be raised with crowns on their heads on Judgment Day? On the one hand, we should be memorizing the Quran and on the other hand, the Quran complains itself “Don’t they reflect deeply on the Quran or their hearts made up locked up? so reflection on the Quran and memorizing Quran actually hand-in-hand and let me add one more thing, this is the balance of our religion, this is where things really get so epic, these two things are not mutually exclusive, when I memorize Quran I’m repeating the same ayah yes or no? over and over. I’m repeating the same ayah and the more repeating it, the more I’m thinking about it, and the more I’m thinking about it, more realizations come to my head, reflection is actually facilitated by the act of memorization, that is how it’s facilitated. then you recite Quran with Tajweed and what Tajweed does is that you give every letter its due, you pause, and you take your time with every single word which means it slows you down. Doesn’t it? Tajweed slows you down and when it slows you down your mind is not just pronouncing every word like you should, it’s giving your mind the opportunity to think about every word instead of rushing through the whole thing, and not giving each word or letting each word have its effect on you, even the science of Tajweed actually full fulfills the purpose of thinking and reflecting on the Quran, that’s what it’s there for.
This stuff is so interconnected, what we have done is we have ripped it apart, “I just want to read English transition” or “I just want to learn Tajweed and not reflect. SubanAllah. These are the things that Allah commands us to keep or means to keep together, and we keep them putting them apart.
So the answer really lies at the end of the day in balance, when you have one extreme it will certainly lead to the other extreme, and may Allah SWT keep us from extremes and truly allow us to be the middle of Ummah.
Motivations for Quran Memorization
the term Hafiz / Hafidh in our language refers to a person who has memorized the whole Quran, either in our terminology we say this one is a hafidh, that means this person has memorized the Quran but the word “Hafiza” (root word) actually means to protect to safeguard, what have you safeguarded? many people would say: well, they have safeguarded the Quran in their hearts or they have protected the Quran by learning it, such that you can take the book away but they will be able to recite the words of the Quran.
Allah is telling you something very interesting to let you look at it from a different angle, listen to what he says in Quran: “We have revealed this Quran we will definitely protect it. that’s what Allah says, we will make sure it remains intact.
Now let’s go back to what I was saying moments ago if Allah promises you that he is going to protect the Quran, when you make an effort to memorize it, Allah will look after you, because the Quran is in your heart, so if you want to save yourself from calamities in this world and the next then your best bet also is to memorize the Quran, when you are memorizing the Quran you’re moving you have Allah’s word inside you and you are moving around, there is a special care unit, VIP protection for you, because you know what, you have the Quran in your heart you are not just an ordinary person, this is why Allah says we will look after the Quran if you have made an effort to memorize it you automatically fall into this bliss.
Many people when they read the verse they think oh that means to protect the Quran from any change, yes that’s true, but how? In so many different ways including “Us memorizing it”.
It’s a gift of Allah no book even the one you have written yourself is memorizable by you, Allahu akbar, besides the Quran everyone knows that and this is why Allah Subhanahu WA Ta’ala tells us I will protect it.
My brothers and sisters aren’t this encouragement enough for us to make an effort to memorize the words of Allah?
Start off somewhere. You know people look and they look at you and they start saying; I’m old now, I’m old, if I was younger then maybe I would’ve memorized it.
My brothers and sisters let me give you some motivation the Sahaba of the Allah and the bulk of them who memorized the Quran were beyond the age of 40, they were all old people, they were not young children, they were not kids in their teenage the majority of them were older than that and they memorized the Quran, but there was dedication they never gave up, they knew you want to do something you will do it, no matter how old you are.
My brothers and sisters, let’s start with one verse a day in sha Allah, one verse a day. May Allah subhanahu wa’ta’ala grant us that, I really hope we can follow that through. It’s not so difficult, in fact, you can start off by memorizing the short surahs, and I promise you something interesting that the hadith of Prophet Muhammad Sallallahu Alayhi Wa Sallam, he says: indeed every action or actions shall be judged by their underlying intentions. Every action will be judged by the intention so if I had an intention of completing the whole Quran and I was dedicated and I actually started one verse at a time and I did not finish I died before I completed it, what’s the deed that will be written next to my name? A person who has memorized the whole Quran, why? Because that was my intention, I didn’t manage to finish it, Subhan Allah.
You are walking towards the Masjid suddenly you die, what happened? you will be written as one who has gone to the Masjid because that was your intention that is how Allah judges, that is the gift of Allah Subhanahu WA Ta’ala so this is why my brothers and sisters if you dedicate yourself, you have every day a small portion very small, still for as long as there is consistency you have saved yourself. May Allah Subhanahu WA Ta’ala have mercy on us so that we can achieve that.
How to Memorize Quran and Never Forget it
Have you been trying to memorize Quran but after a couple of month or year you just don’t remember anything?
Or you can even remember what you have memorized the part of the Quran last week and you don’t remember it anymore?
Don’t worry, it is not YOU
Well, We say No worries, it is not just you, it is the method that you are following, it is not working.
You need to make some changes and things will be way much different, we promise you will start remembering what you memorize if you follow the method.
How To Memorize Quran and never forget it
In this article you will get know how to memorize Quran and never forget it, inshaAllah we will give you a helpful Quran memorization plan, which is compatible with, either you memorize Quran with a teacher or you want to memorize Quran by yourself.
Quran memorization is a great gift from Allah SWT, and the person who gets this reward from Allah SWT has to keep it in his/her memory forever, it is like sand in your hand, if you hold it strong it stays in your hand and if you let it go your hands will become empty, or as narrated in hadith that the hafidh of Quran is like owner of hobbled camel, so if you try to revise memorized quran you can keep it in your memory and when you let it go by not revising it you will forget it easily.
Follow Quran Memorization Method
You divide your memorization into 3 parts:
Sabaq: also known as new lesson, you memorize it ayah by ayah, read an ayah as many times as you want and then try to recite without looking at Quran and see if you’re successful, then move on to next ayah and repeat the same process for memorization of the next ayah, now if you have memorized the next ayah successfully then don’t move to the third ayah unless you are able to recite two ayah without looking fluently. In this way, you can memorize your new lesson.
Sabaq Dour: this is the current Juz or Para that you’re memorizing or also it can be last ten lessons that you’ve memorized in last ten days, This portion is very important if you don’t revise it daily you can easily forget and you will have start all over again.
Dour: also known as Manzil, these are previous Juzes that you’ve memorized so far. This helps you to keep Quran in your long-term memory, and it is even more important than first two parts. This is how you revise memorized Quran, just recite at least one complete Juz per day.
According to experts, Quran memorization is not hard you can memorize Quran online in 1 year or 6 months and you can also memorize Quran by yourself, but the hard thing that requires more sturggle and effort is memorizing quran and never forgetting it, and the sad thing about this is, that many Muslims brothers and sisters don’t realize that and they memorize holy Quran first time with passion and love but after few years of Quran memorization they don’t revise Quran because they so busy and can’t make any quran memorization plan for revising it to keep Quran in their memory.
Reasons why usually People Forget Memorized Quran:
1. You have started not revising Quran at all, it could be because you get so busy in your life for example high school, college, university or full-time job and you get married and can’t spare time to schedule Quran revision.
2. Another major reason that is often ignored by many people is getting involved some kind of bad activity, where you commit major sins and you start getting involved more and more, remember this Quran is Allah SWT word and it is Noor (Light) and to put this Pure you are going to make your heart pure, and your heart is full darkness then Quran will not stay in your heart any longer.
3. According to Islamic scholars if your earning is not halal, it affects your soul and makes it sick and weaker, and when you have less spiritual powers you can’t taste any worship and in the result, every worship including Salah, Quran, etc seems very boring and you don’t feel like to do it.
4. Your memory works differently or in another way you have a bad memory you can remember things for a long term.
5. Procrastinations: the biggest reason for forgetting Quran when you have memorized it is when you start being lazy revising it. A successful hafiz will never seek comfort, and if you want to be successful then you have to say No any comfort that comes in the way between you and memorizing Quran.
6. Always remember that revising is more important than new memorization.
Solution: How to Memorize Quran and never Forget it:
Set some goals when you start Quran memorization, without setting goals it going to get harder and unclear and there will be more chances of you giving up, set a goal, for example, you will memorize 10 pages in 20 days or something like that, and when you achieve your goal then admire yourself and be thankful to Allah SWT.
Try to stay away from any major or minor sins because now you’re trying to and inshaAllah going to become a protector of Quran, so you are an ordinary person anymore, you have more responsibilities now.
When you Pray Salah try to recite new Surah or page in every Raka’ah in that way you can revise memorized part of Quran without sparing lots of time.
Try to eat halal, drink halal and even don’t watch or see anything haram and stay away from the absurd talk.
Techniques and Tips on How to Memorize Quran Faster
On our website, we’ve got hundreds of messages about how to memorize the Quran or tips on memorizing the Quran.
Most of the questions come from the brother or sister who are trying to memorize the Holy Quran, some of them has already memorized and because their memorization is weak and they want to make it strong.
Or started memorizing Quran but the memorization is not where it should be like it took them a couple of years but still not able to complete it,
The things we’re about to tell you guys right now we guarantee you that your memorization will be much better than it is.
1. So the quran memorization technique everyone should know before they start memorizing the Quran is to make sure that your intentions are 100% sincere for the sake of Allah SWT, like the Hadith says: indeed all actions are judged based on their intentions and for every man is what he intended for so if you intend to memorize the Quran just so people will say: look at this boy this girl mashallah so pious masha’Allah or just because your mom/dad forced you or just because it’s like the sociatal norm for you or anything like that. The only thing you’re gonna get is what you intended for, but if you do memorize the Quran with the intent to please Allah turns out to be among those who get to go to Jannah, because of the Quran and to constantly be elevated by the Quran, then you’re probably on the right track with that.
2. The second thing we would recommend for anyone trying to get into the Quran, especially for the beginners, is to find a Quran teacher, which can be easily hired or found by getting registered with us, we have Online Quran tutors available that are experienced enough to be able to guide you throughout your memorization process and to help you find the style that you memorize best in.
3. We also recommend that if you constantly repeat the words, you constantly repeat the ayah, then it gets ingrained in your memory a little better, for example you repeat an ayah around five or six times, until I can read it without looking at it in the book, so that you can actually make sure that you have a really good grip on the ayah and then memorize the second ayah, after you go back and do both together then you go off three altogether so it’s kind of like you’re building bricks and then you’re covering them so that’s how you solidify and that was one of the styles, that we teach to our students and how to memorize the Quran and it was much easier for me to do that.
4. another Quran memorization technique that really helps you when memorizing the Quran is, to kind of understand the meaning behind the ayats, but for example, if you memorize in surah Yousuf you’ll try to understand the story of Prophet Yusuf alayhi Salaam and so you’ll kind of be able to know the secrets of events and it’ll kind of help you. Our experienced teachers will also help you to understand, every time you didn’t understand what a word means or you just have a question about an ayah you would be memorizing, like what did Allah had to use this word, what does it mean? These things kind of help you recollect the ayat better and they kind of help you hold on to them better, because when you’re memorizing something that doesn’t really make sense to you, it’s easier for you to forget it. So when you build a kind of attachment to the ayah and you understand it and you know why God said certain things and you build like a bond with it, that will be easier for you to remember.
5. the third of the Quran memorization techniques we would recommend to anyone, is to set up a schedule memorizing the Quran is almost just like working out, if you’re consistent with it, you’ll see the results but if you can do it once a week once a month you’re not going to progress the way you want to. So set up a schedule with it 30 minutes every day after Maghrib or every day after Fajr or anything as long as you set a consistent schedule, because the best of good deeds are those, that are done consistently but if you be fat and lazy like someone and you’re you know go to the gym once or twice a week, you’re not going to see the results that you really want to see. So the trick is to always be consistent, no matter what. Cancel everything every day after Maghrib, for example, you tell your friends like, hey: I can’t hang out until I’m finished memorizing my target and you’ll slowly but surely see overtime that you memorize Juz, you finish the page, finish the Surah you finish them and you will start seeing progress. So always make sure that you’re setting this strict schedule for yourself just make it one of those things that you cannot ditch. It’s one of those it’s like unique. You can’t skip it, you have to go and we would suggest Fajr time, before Fajr salah early on in the day, so it doesn’t conflict with the rest of your schedule as Allah SWT says; indeed the recitation of the Quran in Fajr time is a witness,
6. Another cool trick on Quran memorization faster is, once you’ve memorized a certain group of ayats, you recite them in the Salah that’s coming out, so, for example, let’s say if you’ve memorized surah Falaq after Maghrib, now you will recite it in Ishaa Salah, so you can make sure that you know it perfectly.
7. Another Quran memorization technique that we’d like to recommend is to make sure that you’re consistent with your mindset. a lot of times we have it difficult for us, we feel this weighted and we feel like you know this isn’t for me or this is hard. But, remember keep in mind being the Hafiz/Hafidh or being a preserver of Quran it’s not for everyone. So you have to constantly push yourself and tell yourself, this is gonna take you into Jannah, this is gonna improve my life, this is better for me, do it for the sake of Allah and you can have to constantly push yourself and when you feel low when you feel like giving up to, remember why you started.
8. Also don’t feel rushed to be finished, that was one of the biggest issues as you constantly feel rushed. Like You need to finish before you graduated and if you didn’t finish your Quran and you graduated you will have to do it after school and there’s a difficult in all this. Don’t feel rushed to, because you don’t want to disrespect the Quran by rushing memorization of Quran, and then later on forgetting it. So take your time, but always make sure that you’re maintaining that good mindset.
9. When memorizing the Quran this is probably one of the most important things, it’s to always make sure, that you leave time to review the Quran that you’ve already memorized, because let’s say you memorized Surah Doha, but you don’t go back to make sure that you constantly remember that surah and you’re not revising it and making it stronger, you’ll notice that you’ll forget it over time and this has happened to so many people. So every time for example you finish one page of the Quran and you move on to the next, you make sure you’re always reviewing those two, then you move on to the third and review it always.
Imagine putting all this work into memorizing these surahs and then, later on, you realized that you’ve forgotten them. So even if it’s just you reading it over and over again to make sure that you haven’t forgotten the ayah, or you kind of figure out a way to implement it in your Salah so when you’re praying Salah you read those Surah or whatever it can be. Just make sure that you find a way to review what you’ve memorized. Every week or every two days whatever if you finish one Juz, which is around 20 pages and you have to review it every single day. but make sure that somehow you’re going back to everything. So making sure that you’re consistent with your review is one of the keys to success.
10. Another Quran memorization technique is that you could do that helps with revising the Qur’an is listening to the Quran recitation. When you finish memorizing the surah or a certain area or a page or anything like that, play it in the car, when you’re driving around or when you’re sitting in your room or anything like that, just make sure it’s somehow you’re going back to those verses.
11. Also if you can try to find a buddy that you can memorize the Quran with. Finding a friend that can help motivate you when you memorize the Quran.
We ask Allah to make it easy for us to preserve the holy book and to purify our attention and to keep us sincere when memorizing holy Quran and if you guys have questions about anything please do ask by commenting below and if you want to hire well experienced online Quran tutor for one-on-one classes and you want to memorize Quran online with tajweed then please go to registration page and submit the registration form. In sha Allah you will get a private Quran teacher for Quran memorization online, we also have female Quran tutors available for sisters.
Please don’t forget to share these tips with your friends via facebook or twitter or social networks.
Memorizing Quran without Knowing Arabic
Memorizing Quran without knowing Arabic or without understanding, is possible and many people are doing it.
Before we begin, we need to understand that, this understanding Quran can help you memorizing it but it is not prerequisite for that. When you know Arabic or Quranic Arabic it helps you to remember context and meanings, with sometimes you guess what is going to be in an ayah or you can also correct your mistake if you have a better understanding the Holy Quran but again it is not something that you can’t memorize Quran without it.
Prerequisite for Quran Memorization
For memorizing the holy Quran all you need to have is you should be able to read the Holy Quran correctly in Arabic text, if you can read Quran with transliteration but not the actual text then it won’t work with memorization because you will end with lots of mistakes and won’t be able to recite it like a professional Qari/Shaykh.
Remember benefits of memorizing the holy Quran and the reason why we memorize Quran is so that we can find out what Allah SWT has commanded us and this is not possible with only memorizing the holy Quran you also need to learn translation and tafsir / Interpretation of Holy Quran.
How do I learn both?
Don’t worry the holy Quran is not something that is very hard to understand and also Allah SWT has said: “Indeed We have made the Qur’an easy for seeking advice. So, is there one to heed to the advice? “
Well, there you are when you try to understand it and memorize Quran, Allah SWT makes it easy helps you to achieve your goal.
Where Do I Learn it from?
Alhamdulillah, at Quranio.com we provide Quran memorization program and online Quran translation and tafsir course for understanding Quran as well, and you can enroll for both memorizing and understanding at a time, and our online Quran teachers are ready to help you and guide you.
How to Memorize the Whole Quran in One Year?
A question asked by many, how to memorize the whole Quran in one year or is it possible to do so?
The answer is yes, it is possible to memorize the whole Quran in one year,
And if you are really thinking to do so, then you have to follow these simple steps:
Quran Memorization Plan
First of all, you are going to need to know how much you are going to memorize every single day because it might seem easy but sometimes it can give you a hard time to memorize some of the chapters from the holy Quran. So choose one Mushaf/Quran Book, and try the one with 16 lines or Madinah Mushaf, both are easily available online and offline (Hardcopy). Now whatever you chose and you started with, Do not switch between different Mushafs, keep the same one.
To memorize the whole quran in one year your weekly Quran memorization plan or goal should be that you are going to have to memorize three fourth of a juz, for example, if your mushaf have 20 pages for every Juz then you’re going to memorize 15 pages each week, and then last week you will get some free days in which you will revise what you’ve memorized from current juz and try to make memorization stronger by working your best on that juz, it will also help you to memorize Quran and never forget it.
Quran memorization Schedule
If you are willing to memorize the whole Quran in one year then you need to get yourself separated from other unnecessary activities and spend more and more time just for Quran, because when it is about memorization you need to repeat the same thing over and over again, so spend at least 5 to 8 hours for memorizing the new part and at least 2 hours for revision.
Try to make some good habits, for example, wake up early in the morning, wake up at tahajjud time, pray salah of Thajjud and then start your memorization, you can memorize a lot more at that time because of less distraction, and your brain is calm and works faster.
After taking breakfast spend 3 hours for memorization and then take a break and do your other activities and then after Zuhr salah this the time when you should do some revisions.
and after Maghrib salah till dinner time just memorize new part as much as possible.
You can memorize Quran by yourself but it is not recommended because you will need someone who can help you by listening and correcting your mistakes and Alhamdulillah we have experienced online Quran tutors male and female available for kids and adults who want to memorize Quran online with tajweed, they are ready to share Quran memorization techniques with you, Please join our one on one live Quran classes for Quran memorization.